Wednesday, August 19, 2009

China Girl



So I finally caved into the blogging trend/obsession...I decided if I ever wanted to start blogging, this is the perfect time! These photos are the result of a search on google images for photos of Weihai (where I am going to be living in for the next four months).. I'm not sure how accurate they are, but I am hoping they are not too far off! Haha.. maybe a little too optimistic? LOL!

David Bowie has inspired me to find out what it is about the china girls that keeps him singing! So here I go! The China countdown has ended.. and I am off to explore a world I never thought I would have the opportunity to! I begin my day long traveling at 1:30 am! I fly from SFO to Taipei, Taiwan (13 hours) with some people from my group who I haven't met yet, and then meet up with Rachel Holt and the rest of my group and then fly to Beijing (3 hours) and that is not the end! From there we board a train and around 10 hours(?) later end up in Weihai, where my school is that I will be teaching at. As I rummage around in my suit case, stuffing the last minute items such as winter coats for the snow, school supplies for the children, and tortillas to satisfy my mexican food cravings, I look upon an empty house! Where have my parents gone? Where in the world are John and Diane? But who am I kidding... did I honestly expect them to stay around long enough to see off their baby daughter, as she makes her way to the other side of the world?? HA! With that said, I am really going to miss them and they will just HAVE to come visit me mid-trip, anyone wanna tag along?

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh kim i cant believe that you left already! i wanna see you so bad! i kind of hope we are still in rexburg when you go back for school. i cant wait to stalk you now! im glad you gave in! cuz im tempted to delete my facebook and just use the blogger!! anywho...i cant wait to skype with you!! ps mine is chelseab5 but i called you already so i think you have it already!! have fun!! and take as many "check out this motha.." pictures as possible!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be your mom's travelling partner to visit you... tell her i will pull her luggage around so she doesn't hurt her travelling arm anymore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Kimmy blog! I already love it because you made me laugh. Your parents weren't even there to see you off!? SAD hahaha. Can't wait to hear about your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey kimbo! little china girl! you are so cute and i love reading about all your adventures. i would love to be diane's traveling companion to china to visit you!! wouldn't that be amazing!?! I know she wanted to see you off! i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KIMMMIIII!!! Didn't even know you had a blog until you sent me the link just now. Love it!! Now I can see your pics. You will be such a great teacher! Your nieces and nephews love you and you have had so much experience with kids your whole life. And remember we signed up for our cruise with friends a YEAR before you even thought of going to China and you know it killed me we weren't there to send you off except on skype! (Ask my friends how I was bemoaning you were leaving while I was gone). It was sad but now you are there and loving it which is all that matters. Besides you had Scott hovering over you sending you off...ya right! ENJOY every minute! LOOVVVVVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete